Monday, April 12, 2010

This Means WAR!


Hello Ladies!,

check it out, the Wicklow Adventure Race will be attempted by my good self next saturday. I predict searing pain in my legs, lung busting runs and agonising bike rides.
Here's the route:
1. Spink Mountain run. 8.6 KM 575m climb
2. cycle glendalough to Lough Dan 15km, 165m climb
3. Kayak Lough Dan 2 Km
4. cycle to Djouce 8Km, 284 m climb
5. Run Djouce Mountain 9.5km, 450m climb
6. cycle back to Glendalough, 29Km, 114m climb, 438m decent.
Some thoughts:
I think I will find this very tough. It is starting to dawn on me that there is a lot of climbing yo! I can handle the runs and the walking and hacking coughs during such but the cycling is hard going. I am russibh in the bike and I am also trialing my 3rd saddle. 15K into any cycle I get a sore back and my wang starts to go numb. The bleedin pain of it! As with most things I ignore it and hope it goes away. To make matters more miserable you must carry stuff in a back pack, like food, drink, water proof stuff, first aid kit and Survival bag and a whistle. Party On!
I might even bring my iphone and take a few pics along the way. Wish me luck.
Your hero
Paul

2 comments:

Marc said...

What is it with whistles. What are you going to do, have a rave at the top of Djouce?

You are a mad fucker Paul, but best of luck with it. If I was up at the weekend I would drop by and have a look. Instead I shall be paying close attention to the news just to make sure you don't go missing up the Wickla hills.

paul said...

Thanks Marc. Pity I couldn't bring a support crew with me to bring me home if I collapse.
I reckon I need that whistle if I need to stop for a shite on the route. PeeP! PeeP!ppppeeeep! (having a shite here, stay back everyone!!!)